JAGmethod, a leading digital supplier to the insurance industry in South Africa has an exciting role for a designer/ front-end web developer/conversion rate expert with experience and knowledge of the entire web development life cycle, from design and analysis to testing and deployment. This is a senior role requiring a minimum of 5 years experience across design and front end development.
We require someone who can take ownership of the performance of our websites, and work with the marketing team to ensure that they are achieving their performance goals from both a site speed and conversion rate perspective and putting together quarterly and annual assessments and plans on current and improvements to site performance.
- Develop functional and appealing web and mobile sites and applications with a focus on usability
- Implement tracking and have experience with google analytics, google optimiser and google tag manager (preferable)
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Provide back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting assistance
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Conversion rate testing, documentation, and ongoing monitoring. Presenting back on test results.
- Working with the marketing team to continually improve site conversion rates
- Ad hoc design requests
- Maintain both site testing and site tracking records.
- Support business and marketing with presentation creation as required.
- Support business and marketing with content design and creation.
Because our front end developer is responsible for interpreting and executing on design requests we require someone with good communication skills, time management, and timely updates if delays are expected are incredibly important
JAG method prides itself on its diverse and performance focused culture where each team member is expected to aim for excellence within their role and we are looking for a front end dev/ designer who would like to work in an environment where both ownership and excellence are expected.
This role manages outsourced dev and hosting agencies, works closely with in-house IT, but falls into the marketing team and reports into the Head of Marketing.
Complete the form to apply - Click here